Digital Resources at South County Middle - Parent Consent
PARENT CONSENT FORM
Digital Resources at South County Middle School - Parent Consent
This information is provided in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to provide you with information about the measures FCPS takes to keep student data secure when using digital tools. By completing the digital form linked below, you provide permission for your child to use the FCPS-approved online tools listed below as part of an instructional program.
Listed below are the digital tools that are used at your child’s school that require parental approval, and not all tools will be used by every student. The tools have been carefully reviewed to ensure that they align with the FCPS Learning Model and FCPS conducts the same technical evaluations for all products that use student information.
For information about the specific tools that will be used by your child, please contact your child’s teachers. You will be notified if additional tools are added to this list and given the opportunity to opt-in to tools that require parental permission. Additionally, FCPS may use digital tools that do not collect, use or share any personal information.
You can find more information about FCPS’ commitment to student privacy and how resources are vetted at Digital Resources in FCPS.
This permission will expire at the end of this school year, and can be revoked at any time by contacting the school. If you have questions about any of the digital resources listed below, please contact your child’s school.
Middle School List
- A selection of resources which go beyond the core services provided by Google Workspace for Education
- Students take a civics-related challenge, gather evidence, and make a case
- Tag and describe primary source documents from the National Archives
- Digital books designed for World Languages courses
- Business simulation software
- Primary resources from the Holocaust and other genocides
- Build mathematical models and solve problems
- Digital primary source artifacts and other resources from the Newseum
- Resource for supporting individuals with disabilities with independent life skills
- Polling website that engages students interactively in the classroom
- Curriculum, resources, and support for SEL (social-emotional learning)
- Learning tools for students, including flashcards, study, and game modes.
- Cross-robotics-platform programming language for educational robotic systems
- Introductory web-based programming software for elementary students and students new to coding
- Resource for images, recordings, and texts to create online student lessons
- A web-based approach to captioning, note-taking, translation, and speech generation.
- Platform for creating virtual concert videos and hosting rehearsal sessions.
- Career exploration resources
- Website for vocabulary instruction with online student friendly dictionary
- Digital worksheet builder lets students show learning in multiple ways