2020-21 New Student Registration
Welcome to South County Middle School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Mustangs for the 2020-21 school year!
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to South County Middle School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- 7th and 8th-grade students who are new to South County Middle School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but did not most recently attend one of the elementary schools in the South County HS pyramid (Halley ES, Laurel Hill ES, Newington Forest ES, Silverbrook ES), as a 6th-grader in 2019-2020. If the student attended an elementary school in the South County HS pyramid, there is nothing that needs to be completed. The student records will be automatically transferred to South County Middle School.
To join South County Middle School, first determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
Enrolling parent, if your student does live in the South County MS boundary and does meet one of the two categories above, please fill out the new student registration form below. This form will be submitted to Sherri Perper, our school registrar, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
Please submit this form in English.
New Student Registration Forms
- Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
- View the forms required for enrolling a student in FCPS.
- For more information, please visit our school's new student registration page.
Are You Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than English?
Student families wishing to register a middle school student with a home language other than English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Do You Have Special Registration Situations?
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.