Hours, Catalog Search, FCPS Resources
SCMS Library Catalog
Go to FCPS Online Databases
Abigail Mundt (Library Assistant) @email
South County Middle School Library Policies and Procedures
When can I come to the library?
- The library is open every day from 7:10 am - 2:30 pm.
- Students are welcome to visit on their own before school, after school, and during lunch (with a signed agenda).
- Students wishing to come during class or Learning Seminar must have a signed pass from a teacher. Students need to get a blue pass from a teacher to visit during Seminar.
What is expected of me when I visit?
- We ask that students sign into Library Trac using one of the iPad stations unless they are coming down as part of a class. Please be prepared to show your pass if visiting during class or seminar. Food and drink are not allowed in the library, and students must be respectful of the space and one another.
- Learning Seminar runs from 9:50 am -10:30 am, and students can use the time for checkouts or computer work. Student passes are for 20 minutes unless indicated otherwise by their teacher.
What are the library’s checkout policies?
- Students can checkout up to four books at a time and keep materials for up to three weeks. Materials can usually be renewed.
- We do not charge late fees for overdue books. Students are responsible for lost or damaged books.
- We can always place a book on hold if it is checked out. We’ll even deliver books to your seminar class when they are available!
How can I use the desktop computers?
- Computers can be used for class assignments or projects, not games or personal use. We do offer black and white printing (no color copies). Students can print ten free pages per day, with additional pages charged at .10 each.