Learn about South County Middle School!
- The Mustang Community strives to empower honorable, empathetic, resilient, and dedicated learners.
- We are one HERD!
We Are Honorable
We cultivate honorable students by:
- Valuing students’ academic integrity, social responsibility, and dignity
- Reinforcing their positive choices, actions and words
- Encouraging students to proudly represent their self, family and community even when no one is watching
We Are Empathetic
We will develop empathetic individuals and create a culture of belonging by:
- Providing opportunities to understand different perspectives and be appreciative of our differences
- Modeling active and reflective listening
- Encouraging reflection that helps create a community of inclusion
We Are Resilient
We will build resilient learners by:
- Equipping them to embrace the challenge of learning
- Fostering a growth mindset where it is safe for students to make mistakes and grow from them, in and outside of the classroom
- Encouraging students to discover and refine their strengths (and leadership skills) in all areas - academic, social, emotional, and beyond
We Are Dedicated
We empower students to be dedicated to succeed by:
- Valuing the learning journey with rigorous instruction and focusing on student improvement
- Partnering with students as they set goals to succeed by being active participants in the classroom and school community
- Encouraging students to be ready with a plan to meet their goals and to commit to their best efforts at all times
FCPS School Profile
Procedures and policies regarding student attendance including information about prearranged absences, excused and unexcused absences, later arrivals, early dismissals, and more.