World Languages Overview
The primary goals of the world language program in Fairfax County Public Schools are to ensure that students:
- Communicate in languages other than English.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures.
- Connect with other disciplines and acquire information.
- Develop insight into the nature of language and culture.
- Participate in multicultural communities at home and around the world.
These goals include a comprehensive focus for instruction that takes language learners beyond the classroom. In the world language curriculum, students will not only learn to communicate with native speakers of the language, but they will do so with the cultural knowledge necessary to interact appropriately.
South County Offers
- Spanish for Heritage Speakers
See the course catalog for details on offerings.